To some, dinnerware sets are nothing more than just something to eat off of. But that’s not all they are.
The truth is, dinnerware sets serve as creative tools to express yourself —your personality and preferences.
The best dinnerware set for everyday gives off a different kind of vibe to your home dining experiences. It will aid you in giving a great impression to your guests when used during special events.
Dinnerware sets come in different types that fit various occasions —from formal date nights to everyday use.
We know you want to find a durable, affordable, easy to maintain everyday dinnerware set that both expresses your personality and fits your needs.
Choosing the best everyday dinnerware set for your home can be intimidating at first. It’s a tough decision, but don’t worry; you have come to the right place! We carefully researched the best dinnerware sets for everyday use that you can choose from and also provided a short guide to help you find out the kind of everyday dinnerware set you need.
|Best Everyday Dinnerware Set||Why We Like It|
|1. Amazon Basics Cafe Stripe Kitchen Dinnerware Set||great for a budget|
|2. Stone Lain Stoneware Dinnerware Set||comes in four unique colors|
|3. M-MAX Dinnerware Set Durable Ceramic Dinner Plate Sets||place settings are sold separately or in groups|
|4. Divitis Home Fusion Porcelain Dinnerware Set||unique design is a conversation piece|
|5. Nicole Home Selection Melamine Dinnerware Set||durable material is mixed with interesting aesthetics|
| ||6. Tabletops Unlimited Quattro Bone China Dinnerware Set||design is simple but elegant
|7. Gibson Tosca Terra Cotta Reactive Dinnerware Set||design is simultaneously rustic and modern|
|8. Corelle Winter Frost White Dinnerware Set||Corelle brand is known for its quality and durability|
|9. Pfaltzgraff Sylvia Dinnerware Set||perfect for large families or those who love to entertain|
|10. EuroCeramica Duomo Collection Artisan Dinnerware Set||jewel tones add elegance to your dinner table|
What to Look for in Everyday Dinnerware Sets
The first thing to do when you’re looking at everyday best dinnerware sets is to list what you want and need in your dishware. Keep in mind the following when deciding what to buy: style, materials, durability, affordability, ease of care, and any other important features you desire.
When choosing the material of your new dinnerware set, you have a long list to consider.
The most common dinnerware sets are made of stoneware, melamine, porcelain, earthenware, bone china, glass, and ironstone. Although bone china and porcelain are usually considered more appropriate for formal dining, some families may find those materials best fit their needs. The other materials are, however, definitely most suitable for casual or everyday use.
Ease of Care
How easy do you want it to be to clean and store your dinnerware set? Check if the set you like is dishwasher-safe, microwave-safe, or break-resistant, if those are the qualities you’re looking for.
This way, you can fully maximize the use of your dinnerware sets. Many times, customers fail to consider how they’ll have to care for their everyday dinnerware sets, which usually results in issues later.
Since you are looking for dinnerware sets to use every day, it is probably best to choose the most durable ones.
The set you choose should not be too fragile, especially if you’re planning on using the dishwasher to clean it. Be sure to look for a set that will be long-lasting and not need to be replaced in just a few years.
Picking out the pattern or design of your everyday dinnerware set is the most fun part of choosing it.
If you wish to have a bit of your personality revealed through your dinnerware sets, this is a great way to do it. Dinnerware sets range from casual to stylish and everything in between. You can have it hand-painted, patterned, solid, or banded. Also, you can also play by color or palette to ensure it fits your home decor or event theme.
Before looking at everyday dinnerware sets, determine first how much you are willing to spend.
There are simply tons of quality dinnerware sets in various price ranges on the market. No matter how much you want to spend, you can almost certainly find one that fits both your budget and your needs.
Setting Size and What Types of Dishware is Included
Another essential factor in choosing dinnerware sets for everyday use is the number of people who’ll be using them–usually, your family.
However, if you regularly host parties or get togethers with extended family and friends, you’ll also need to consider the number of people you usually invite over.
What kind of dishes do you want included with your set? Some dinnerware sets come with soup bowls, salad plates, bread plates, or saucers. Choosing the types of dishware you need is easier when you already have what you need in mind.
Best Bargain Everyday Dinnerware Set
With so many dinnerware sets available, it’s nearly always possible to find lower-priced ones that are durable and attractive. The price of this Amazon brand dinnerware sets does not equate with its quality!
Amazon Basics Cafe Stripe Kitchen Dinnerware Set
The Amazon Basics 16-Piece Cafe Stripe Dinnerware Set is the perfect, affordable dinnerware set for simple family meals and gatherings. It includes four dinner plates, dessert plates, bowls, and mugs and comes in four different colors to match your kitchen or dining room color themes.
- The round-shaped dinnerware set can be easily stacked to save space.
- It is made of AB-grade porcelain, making it lightweight without sacrificing its durability.
- It is microwave, oven, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- It can fit any home decor, design, or theme with its elegant white and contemporary black-trim details.
- The dinnerware set is somewhat fragile and breaks easily if not handled with care.
Best Stoneware Everyday Dinnerware Set
Stoneware dinnerware sets are known for their smooth-looking and exceptional impermeable finish, making them suitable for everyday use.
Stoneware sets are durable, but they do need to be kept at even temperatures. It is best to not expose this set to extreme temperatures.
Stone Lain Stoneware Dinnerware Set
The Stone Lain Stoneware Dinnerware is a two-toned glazed set, making it cool and trendy. It is a set for four people with four round dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, and mugs. Choose from four pastel or primary color sets to add to your dining room table’s beauty.
- It is made of high-quality and durable stoneware, expressing an earthy and organic feel.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- It comes with a variety of two-toned colors.
- It has a modern and vibrant style.
- According to some users, the dinnerware set is heavy.
Best Ceramic Everyday Dinnerware Set
Ceramic is famous for its smooth, strong, but delicate features. It is made from a variety of heated and hardened clay types.
Ceramic pieces are less dense than other dinnerware sets, making them perfect for indoor dining.
M-MAX Dinnerware Set Durable Ceramic Dinner Plate Sets
The M-MAX Durable Ceramic Dinnerware Set features a unique and elegant design that can make your dining set pleasing to the eyes. It comes with dinner plates, dessert plates, and bowls. Best of all, you can order any number of place settings you desire.
- It is made of food-grade ceramic.
- It is dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.
- It comes with unique and elegant design patterns.
- It is a perfect dinnerware set for two people, with the option of adding more settings in the future.
- It comes in only one color/design.
Best Porcelain Everyday Dinnerware Set
Porcelain, similar to ceramic, is made from clay. The difference? Porcelain is baked and hardened.
It’s noted for its durability and non-porous surface. Porcelain dinnerware sets are usually dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.
Divitis Home Fusion Porcelain Dinnerware Set
The Divitis Home Fusion 12-Piece Porcelain Dinnerware Set has a special production technique, having unique designs for each plate. It includes four dinner plates, salad plates, and soup bowls and comes in black and white or blue and white.
- It is made of high-quality porcelain, making it durable and chip-resistant.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Each plate’s design is unique.
- It can be a great gift package for any occasion.
- One customer complained that the sets have a rough bottom that could potentially scratch surfaces.
Best Melamine Everyday Dinnerware Set
Melamine dinnerware sets are every entertainer’s dream!
It is shatterproof, making it difficult to break or even chip. However, melamine sets are not typically oven or microwave safe.
Nicole Home Selection Melamine Dinnerware Set
This 12-Piece Melamine Dinnerware Set is best for celebrations such as birthdays, casual meetings, or social gatherings. It comes with four 10.5” plates, 8.5” plates, and 24-oz bowls.
- It is made from premium quality melamine, making it durable and break-resistant.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- This dinnerware set has a unique, blue-colored fluid design, making it a great addition to the dinner table.
- It has two different sizes of plates with four pieces each.
- This melamine dinnerware set is not microwave-safe.
Best China Everyday Dinnerware Set
China can actually be one of the best dinnerware sets for everyday use and special occasions because of its durable, lightweight, and chip-resistant features. Bone China is the most robust type of china, and it is often microwave and dishwasher safe.
Tabletops Unlimited Quattro Bone China Dinnerware Set
Tabletops Unlimited Bone China 16-Piece Dinnerware Set is an elegant addition to your simple dinner or special events and completes your ultimate dining experience. It includes dinner plates, salad plates, and soup bowls, and mugs.
- It is made of high-quality fine bone china, which is evident in its smooth and beautiful exterior finish.
- It is lightweight and has luminous transparency.
- It is chip-resistant and durable.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- The set may show black marks after years of usage.
Best Earthenware Everyday Dinnerware Set
Earthenware is an historic industrial material, making dinnerware sets with significant weight. It is known for its sturdy and casual characteristics.
To maintain earthenware sets best, avoid extreme temperatures in the oven and freezer.
Gibson Tosca Terra Cotta Reactive Dinnerware Set
The Tosca Black Sand 16-Piece Dinnerware Set is perfect for those who love unique craftsmanship. The set has four dinner plates, dessert plates, bowls, and mugs.
- It is made of terra cotta earthenware, making it high fired for durability.
- Its design is rustic and modern for its smooth black matte finish with brown accents.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- It is suitable for everyday use and special events.
- The 16 piece dinnerware set is not scratch or chip-resistant.
Best Corelle Everyday Dinnerware Set
Corelle is a famous brand known for some of the best everyday dinnerware sets available on the market.
Corelle is made of tempered glass with different glass types laminated into three layers called Vitrelle, making it scratch, chip, and break-resistant.
Corelle Winter Frost White Dinnerware Set
The Corelle 18-Piece Dinnerware Set is complete with everything you need for everyday meals and special events. It comes with six of each: plates, bread plates, and soup bowls.
- The 18-piece all-white set is simple yet elegant, complementing any home decor, theme, or other dinnerware.
- It is made of a triple layer of strong glass, making it break and chip-resistant.
- It is lightweight and can easily be stacked to save space.
- It has a three-year limited warranty if there are any manufacturer defects.
- According to some users, you may receive a defective piece in your set.
Best Everyday Dinnerware Set for Large Families
For people with large families or who usually have guests, a large dinnerware set is essential to avoid stress during preparation.
If you’re a dedicated host, having a large dinnerware set prepared can be a big relief when it’s time to serve your guests.
Pfaltzgraff Sylvia Dinnerware Set
Pfaltzgraff’s 32-Piece Dinnerware Set is the perfect choice for large family gatherings or social events. It comes with eight of each: dinner plate, salad plate, soup bowl, and mug.
- It is made of porcelain, making it a durable dinnerware set.
- It has a traditional style, but with a fresh update for its raised-curls design with beaded bands.
- It is microwave and dishwasher safe.
- It can serve up to 8 people.
- Some users experienced receiving items with a defect, such as warped and unbalanced dishes.
Best Colorful Everyday Dinnerware Set
Having a pretty and colorful everyday dinnerware set can help your home dining experience look more appealing, expensive, and enjoyable.
Even better, having a colorful set is is great to add to your home decor or theme if you’re hosting a special event.
EuroCeramica Duomo Collection Artisan Dinnerware Set
This EuroCeramica Duomo Collection 16-Piece Artisan Dinnerware Set is definitely a must-have for its handcrafted Italian design. It adds a different kind of warmth to your everyday dining experience.
- It is made of high-quality stoneware.
- Its color combination (sky blue and golden yellow) creates an elegant feel, perfect for everyday use and special events.
- The set is lead and cadmium free.
- It is microwave and dishwasher safe. It can also be suitable for reheating in a conventional oven.
- The 16 piece dinnerware set may be too heavy for your liking.
Choosing a dinnerware set for everyday use is a big decision.
Before you choose your set, several factors need to be considered, such as style, budget, material, ease of care, and durability. Knowing your preferences for each will help you in deciding which best dinnerware sets suits you best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which dinnerware set material is best for your health?
Ceramic is considered one of the healthiest materials used for household items. It is made from heated clay in extremely high temperatures. It is generally viewed as nonporous and nontoxic. Ceramic does not leach chemicals into your food, making it the best dinnerware set material for your health.
What place settings should an everyday dinnerware set include?
The place settings for everyday dinnerware set should include these five pieces: a dinner plate, a salad plate, a bread plate, a soup bowl, and a teacup or saucer. Having complete place settings will make your kitchen or dining room table both beautiful and practical.
Image credits via Flickr: “Lunch setting” (CC BY-ND 2.0) by dearshakti