Having a good quality blender is a must for every kitchen. The best quality blenders are often a significant investment, although some are quite a bit more expensive than others, so it’s important to spend time choosing the right one.
Two blender companies that dominate the market are Vitamix and Ninja, with one being significantly more expensive than the other. But which of these companies offers the superior blender?
If you’re looking for an answer to the Vitamix vs Ninja question, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading for a thorough comparison of the two blender giants to help you determine which one is best for you.
Vitamix blender models are known for being high quality, but they’re also known as one of the most expensive blender options, with prices ranging from $300 to $1000. Despite their high price tag, you’ll find that most Vitamix blender owners don’t regret their purchase and swear by their Vitamix.
Where the Vitamix shines is in its power. With variable speeds and a tough motor, a Vitamix can essentially create smooth blends out of many foods.
The Vitamix’s speed is so fast that it can create friction heat and bring cold ingredients to a steaming hot temperature in minutes. As Vitamix suggests, it’s a great option for making hot soup without a stove.
Vitamix blender: Top pick
Our top pick for the best Vitamix blender is the Vitamix Con A3300 Ascent Series Smart Blender.
The powerful 1,640-watt motor combined with the stainless steel blades allows this blender to handle almost anything you throw at it.
The motor detects the container size you use and automatically adjusts the program settings and maximum blending times, ensuring you get the best possible results, whether you’re making green smoothies, a frozen drink, a frozen dessert, or nut butter.
What makes this Vitamix even more impressive is its touchscreen controls, further enhanced by the built-in timer that enables you to perfectly process your foods according to the recipe and turns the machine off automatically when finished.
Ninja blenders are a more affordable option, and the Ninja name still carries a lot of weight.
The thing that stands out most about Ninjas is their blade design. The Ninja blender features four blades that project from a tall stem extending almost the entire length of the pitcher. The idea is that this positioning makes it easier for food to pass through.
What’s more, the blade’s positioning and simple removal make it quick and easy to clean. You can remove the sharp blade by pulling on the stem, so it’s also safer than other similar blenders.
One reason Ninjas are significantly less expensive than Vitamix blenders is their material. Like the Vitamix container, Ninjas have a plastic pitcher rather than the glass pitcher that comes with most blenders. Unlike the Vitamix, though, the Ninja’s plastic isn’t as durable.
Ninja blender: Top pick
Our top pick for the best Ninja blender is the Ninja BL610 Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender.
This Ninja Professional blender features the largest pitcher that Ninja has.
It holds 72 ounces or 9 cups. With 1000 watts and total crushing technology, you can expect this blender to break down any tough ingredient, including crushing ice cubes.
This Ninja Professional model is also dishwasher-safe, which, combined with easy disassembly, makes cleanup a breeze.
Vitamix vs Ninja Blender
Here are some of the top points of comparison for the Vitamix vs Ninja blender debate.
- Price: As mentioned, the price point of each blender is drastically different. While a Vitamix machine will cost you, on average, around $500, you can find a comparable Ninja for under $100.
- Quality: The overall quality and the quality of each blender component are important to consider, especially for longevity purposes. The Ninja’s plastic pitcher may seem safer than glass, but many users report their pitcher getting damaged easily or occasionally not being able to withstand the force of the blender.
- Power and speed: Vitamix blenders are unanimously agreed to be one of the most powerful on the market, while Ninjas generally take longer to blend food to the same consistency.
- Clean up: Both Vitamix and Ninja blenders are dishwasher-safe for the most part, but we don’t recommend running either pitcher through the dishwasher to prolong their life. The Ninja is generally easier to clean by hand as you can safely remove the blades from the pitcher and handle them easily during washing.
- Use: Before choosing between a Ninja or Vitamix, consider what you will use your blender for, as they’re both suitable for different types of blending. A Vitamix handles almost anything you put in it and turns it into a smooth blend. The Ninja has its limitations for how smoothly it blends certain ingredients, such as breaking down leafy greens. If you plan to use your blender for purposes that don’t require silky smooth results, you may not need to splurge on a Vitamix.
Vitamix vs Ninja Blender Conclusion
The verdict on Vitamix vs Ninja is that, although the Vitamix may be the overall better quality blender, the price does not justify its use for everyone.
If you need a powerful blender to blend the toughest foods to a smooth consistency, then a Vitamix is worth the investment. However, if you only occasionally use your blender, you can easily get by with a Ninja and save a significant amount of money.
Both Vitamix and Ninja offer high-quality countertop blender options, so as long as you consider your needs and options thoroughly, you’ll end up with the best blender for you.