Smith’s began as a noviculite stone company in Arkansas in 1886 and is well-known for producing some of the finest Arkansas stone knife sharpeners on the market.
They are also industry leaders in both manual and electrical sharpeners that incorporate many different abrasive materials including diamond, carbide, ceramic, bonded synthetics.
Hand’s down, Smith’s offers one of the widest selection of knife sharpeners on the market, with a sharpener for every skill level. They also have many products for the survival and hunting knife market.
Smith’s 50264 Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpener
Smith’s Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpener has an Adjustable Angle feature and offers new, innovative features never before used on a manual knife sharpener and functional performance unmatched by standard edge maintenance products or companies.
This is a super unique design in a manual pull-through sharpener that makes this a huge bargain. The ability to change the angle of the sharpening stones makes this rival other more expensive sharpeners.
The two stages of sharpening (Coarse and Fine) for all types of straight edge knives with a grind on both sides of the blade.
It is very important to use the right stage for your knife sharpening tasks.
Stage 1 is used for excessively worn, dull, or damaged knives. Stage 1 has the coarsest 100% diamond coated discs and will remove the most metal so you should only use this stage when it is truly needed. It is definitely okay to remove metal and that is really what sharpening is all about but remove no more metal than is needed.
There is also a fixed-angle slot for sharpening serrated edge blades. It will sharpen a variety of knives by simply adjusting the angle of the abrasive components to match the angle of the original factory grind. Just turn the dial to one of the 6 angles offered, then pull your knife through the appropriate slot(s).
If you are unsure of the proper knife angle for your knife, suggested angles are printed on the unit. There’s really no way to go wrong with this knife sharpener.
• Two-stage sharpening for standard knives, option of coarse & fine.
• Serrated blade sharpener that is a fixed angle.
• Will quickly sharpen very dull or damaged blades.
• Can be used to maintain the edge on knives that are already sharp.
• Easy adjust knob allows sharpening at a wide range of angles
(14° side to 24° side). Don’t know what angle to use? Check out our paper on knife angles.
• Replaceable abrasive components so you can rest assured that this sharpener will last.
• Soft Grip Handle and non-slip rubber feet for a safe sharpening environment.
Pros and Cons:
Amazon rates the Smith’s Adjustable Manual Knife Sharpener highly overall with a presence in the hunting arena and the home improvement area.
Check out other customer reviews at Amazon
Kudos to Smith’s for maintaining their reputation, without compromise, as the industry leader in knife sharpening technology for over 125 years!
CHECK OUT THESE REVIEWS IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE:
- Chef’s Choice 220 Hybrid Diamond Hone
- Kyocera Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener for Ceramic Knives
- KME Knife Sharpening System
- Chef’s Choice AngleSelect M1520 Sharpener
- Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Sharpener
- Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Electric Sharpener
- The Lansky Diamond Sharpening System
- Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener
- Work Sharp WSKTS-KT
- Wusthof Precision Edge 4 Stage Knife Sharpener
- Chef’s Choice Edge Select Pro Electric Sharpener M120
- Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker
- Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal
- Gatco 10006 Ultimate Diamond Hone Sharpening System