As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you! Read my disclosure for more info.
The Lansky Diamond System is great sharpener for the beginning knife enthusiast or the advanced knife & cutlery expert. (Click here for the latest pricing.)
Since 1979, Lansky has been manufacturing quality sharpeners for kitchen, workshop, hunting and fishing, and lawn and garden applications. If you have a sharpening need, Lansky is sure to have it.
The Lansky Diamond Sharpening System
Lansky offers multi-sharpeners, knife, and cold steel sharpeners, sharpening paddles, sharpening pads, bench stones, lawn and garden sharpening tools, heavy-duty sharpening tools…
The Lansky Diamond Sharpening System comes in 2 types – the Lansky Diamond Standard System (Amazon link) and the Lansky Diamond Deluxe Sharpening System (Amazon link).
And, if that wasn’t enough, retractable diamond sharpening rods, folding diamond sharpening rods, folding diamond rat tail sharpeners, serrated bread knife sharpeners, fish hook sharpeners, pocket knife sharpeners, eraser blocks, and double-sided folding diamond sharpening paddles.
Lansky seems to have thought of everything that needs a sharp edge!
The Lansky Diamond Sharpening System comes in 2 types – the Lansky Diamond Deluxe Sharpening System.
Both incorporate the Lansky Controlled-Angle System to maintain consistent sharpening results.
Each comes in a convenient storage box measuring 11″x10.5″x1.5″ and only weighs only 2.2 pounds.
The kit includes color-coded hones in extra coarse, coarse, medium and fine, a multi-angle knife clamp, knife clamp screws, and specially formulated honing oil.
- Patented precision engineered multi-angle, flip-over knife clamp
- Sharpening hones on color-coded, finger grooved safety holders
- One guide rod for each honing stone
- Specially formulated honing oil
- Extra-long knife clamp screws
- Custom molded storage/carrying case to hold all system components
- Complete, easy to follow instructions
The color-coded hones help the user locate the correct hone for a specific blade and each hone has it own guide rod.
Spend less time sharpening and more time using your knives when you use this easy to use system.
The safety holders have ergonomic finger grooves that help improve grip thus preventing accidents.
The included bottle of honing oil is specially formulated to keep blades as polished, smooth, and sharp as possible. The system includes extra coarse diamond (70 grit), coarse diamond (120 grit), medium diamond (280 grit), and fine diamond (600 grit) hones.
The incorporation of diamonds in the hones of the diamond kits ensures that worn metal is removed quickly and with better efficiency than less expensive aluminum oxide hones. You will spend less time sharpening and more time using your knives when you use this easy to use system.
Both the the Lansky Diamond Standard System and the Lansky Diamond Deluxe Sharpening System have the same Controlled Angle System which is optimized to provide a wide range of applications.
- 17 degrees: A severe angle recommended for razor blades, X-Acto blades, scalpels or similar tools. It provides an extremely sharp but delicate edge.
- 20 degrees: A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and filet knives.
- 25 degree: The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
- 30 degree: An outstanding angle for knives that see the heavy use of cutting cardboard, wire or carpets. Recommended for heavy-duty use.
Pros and Cons:
Overall customers are more than pleased with the Lansky System. One customer reports that he has had his System for 20 years! The Lansky System may be the last sharpener you will ever need as well.
Another user mentioned that for very large knives, the Lansky Sharpening Systems may not be the best option; however, for small and medium-sized knives that clamping system works very well. The same owner cites the Edge Pro Apex Knife Sharpener as a viable alternative for larger knives.
Another owner did say that he felt the guide rods were a little too easily bent and led to a possibly inconsistent angle which was fixed by bending the guide rod back to straighten it.
CHECK OUT THESE REVIEWS IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE:
- Chef’s Choice 220 Hybrid Diamond Hone
- Kyocera Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener for Ceramic Knives
- KME Knife Sharpening System
- Chef’s Choice AngleSelect M1520 Sharpener
- Smith’s 50264 Adjustable Manual Sharpener
- Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Sharpener
- Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Electric Sharpener
- The Lansky Diamond Sharpening System
- Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener
- Work Sharp WSKTS-KT
- Wusthof Precision Edge 4 Stage Knife Sharpener
- Chef’s Choice Edge Select Pro Electric Sharpener M120
- Presto 08810 Pro Electric Knife Sharpener
- Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker
- Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal
- Gatco 10006 Ultimate Diamond Hone Sharpening System