Quality kitchen knives are essential kitchen tools that we all absolutely need. Sure, buying less expensive knives is cheaper, short-term, but investing your hard-earned money in really good knives is worth it in the long run.
If you already have good knives on-hand, you know it’s important that you keep them in good condition. To do this, they need to be stored properly. Failure to do so can quickly lead to ruined blades.
A knife block or knife holder is the best way to safely store your knives to protect your investment.
Want to immediately check out our favorite (and very affordable) Kapoosh knife block? It’s available on Amazon.
Knife blocks are used to safely and securely store your best knives on your countertop. They are an amazing addition to your kitchen, too, as well-designed, aesthetically pleasing ones can showcase your knives elegantly.
But if you buy a knife block, doesn’t it already come with knives? What about the great knives you already own?
Don’t worry: we are ready to recommend the best Kapoosh knife blocks for you–some with knives, and some without. They can hold any kind of knives: different brands and sizes–and they look legitimately stylish on your kitchen countertop.
We’ll share what we’ve learned are the pros and cons of different Kapoosh Knife Blocks products to help you find the one that works best for you.
|Best Knife Block||Why We Like It|
|1. Kapoosh Dice Knife Block||comes in both light oak and bamboo and holds knives up to 8 inches long|
|2. ARY 625 Kapoosh Knife Block SS||comes in three colors: red, black, and silver; holds utensils as well as knives|
|3. Kapoosh Urban Universal Knife Block||comes in cheerful colors of bright orange or lime; slim design is great for smaller kitchens|
|4. Kapoosh Rondelle Knife Block||comes in both stainless steel and white; has two tiers to hold knives up to 5 and 8 inches|
|5. Kapoosh Designer Knife Block||has a carrying feature for easy handling; universally reviewed as a "great quality" knife block|
|6. Kapoosh Hex-Connex Universal Knife Caddy||comes in blue, lime, or slate; also available in 5 inch or 8 inch versions; has awesome modern design|
|7. Kapoosh Knife Block Set||comes with a set of five knives; also includes oven mitts and two cutting boards|
|8. Kapoosh Batonnet Knife Block||holds up to 15 knives and utensils; this model is a favorite in our kitchen|
|9. Leeffood Knife Block Stainless Steel Without Knives||super-sleek design is beautifully modern; stainless steel is easy to wipe and keep clean|
|10. ENOKING Magnetic Knife Block||acacia wood design is modern and strong; magnets work to hold your knife collection|
|11. Shenzhen Knives Large Bamboo Wood Knife Block||bamboo block holds up to 19 knives; basic design matches any kitchen décor|
The Best Kapoosh Knife Blocks
Kapoosh Knife Blocks are adored because of the way they secure your kitchen knives. You can organize your knives the way you want them: there are no set places for each particular knife, as Kapoosh blocks consist of black plastic rods that provide both versatility and convenience.
Kapoosh Dice Knife Block, Light Oak Woodgrain
With this Kapoosh Dice Knife Block, there’s no need to worry about properly organizing and storing your kitchen knives. There’s always a place for any knife as it holds different sizes and shapes of them, resulting in a unique mix-and-match knife set. You can get this model in either light oak woodgrain or bamboo wood.
- It can fit knives up to 8 inches long.
- It is made of food-grade plastic rods, so it will not dull your knives.
- The rods and top rack are removable, and both are dishwasher-safe.
- Be extremely careful putting in the knives because they may bend or clog the rods in the long run.
ARY 625 Kapoosh Knife Block SS
This unique, sleek, and modern knife block is a great addition to your kitchen countertop. It can actually keep your knives sharp as its design reduces the chance of blades scraping on the edges.
- It comes in three classy and unique colors: black, red, and silver.
- You can store not only kitchen knives but other utensils as well.
- Rods and top-rack are removable for easy cleaning. It is dishwasher safe too.
- This Kapoosh knife block may be slightly bigger than what you see in the sample picture. It is best to check the specifications first before purchasing.
Kapoosh Urban Universal Knife Block
This Kapoosh urban knife holder adds vibrant and modern colors to your kitchen. It has a slim and sleek design that fits even the smallest countertops. It is available in lime green and tangerine orange.
- Food-grade plastic rods are designed to support your knives and prevent dulling or chipping.
- You can remove the flex rod and top-rack for quick and easy cleaning.
- It has non-skid rubber feet to prevent knife block from sliding.
- According to some users, this Kapoosh knife block is recommended as a short-term solution for your kitchen knife storage.
Kapoosh Rondelle Knife Block, Stainless Steel
Try this Kapoosh Rondelle knife block made of stainless steel and experience the absolute best this knife block offers. Aside from stainless, it also comes in a white version. Its flex rods are not going to cause you any problems, as this model makes knives easy to remove. As a plus, this whole knife block is dishwasher safe.
- It can store any kind of knives anywhere.
- It has two tiers, enabling blades up to 5 to 8 inches long to be stored securely.
- It is made of patented flex rod technology, which holds the knives and conforms to their shape.
- Some users noted how they experienced rod bending, resulting in knives’ failure to go in months after use.
Kapoosh Designer Knife Block
This Kapoosh designer knife block lets you mix and match knives of different brands and sizes. With its posh design, you’ll never have any doubts about including this beauty on your kitchen countertop.
- It helps in maintaining the sharpness of knives’ blades.
- It has a carrying feature for easy handling.
- Rods and top-rack can be removed and can be cleaned in the dishwasher safely.
- Users note the great quality of this knife block, yet the size is a bit smaller than would be perfect.
Kapoosh Hex-Connex Universal Knife Caddy
This Kapoosh Hex-Connex Tall Knife Block will add an advanced and modern feel to your kitchen countertop. You can choose from either 5-inch and 8-inch tall knife blocks in three vibrant colors: lime, aqua, and slate.
- It can fit blades up to 8 inches long.
- It has food-grade plastic flexible rods that protect your knives’ good condition.
- You can easily remove flex rods and top-rack for cleaning. You can clean it safely in dishwashers, too.
- It may be a bit challenging to make room for several numbers of knives.
Kapoosh Knife Block Set
If you are looking for a knife block set that features essential tools for your kitchen, this Kapoosh knife block set is your best option. It can save you money and effort. Plus, you do not need to worry about needing other tools because you will have it all!
- It comes with a five-piece set of knives, including an 8″ Chef’s Knife, 8″ Bread Knife, 7″ Santoku Knife, 5″ Serrated Utility Knife, and 3.5″ Paring Knife.
- It has two white oven gloves that can protect your hands up to 660 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The set comes with two bamboo cutting boards: small and large.
- The Kapoosh Rondelle knife block is a great piece on this set, as both parts are removable and dishwasher-safe. You can also place your knives the way you want them to.
- This Kapoosh knife set may be above your usual budget for kitchen essentials.
Kapoosh Batonnet Knife Block
The Ary Kapoosh Batonnet Knife Block is a unique knife block that lets you mix and match different sets of kitchen knives to easily store not only your knives, but any kitchen utensil.
- This model holds up to 15 knives and utensils.
- The rods inside are dishwasher safe (top rack only) to help keep knives clean and sanitary.
- Any size or shape of knife (or utensil) can fit easily into this knife block.
- There is a limit of how many knives will fit in block before rods become “too tight”.
The Best Non-Kapoosh Knife Blocks
Aside from Kapoosh knife block products, we also have a few favorite knife blocks from other brands that may suit your needs. Keep reading about some of the best non-Kapoosh knife blocks we’ve reviewed.
Leeffood Knife Block Stainless Steel Without Knives
If you’re looking for a super-sleek yet functional knife block to add to your kitchen countertop, then you should try this Leeffood stainless steel knife holder. You will never think of it as just a knife block–it’s more like a piece of modern art for your kitchen.
- It is of high-quality stainless steel that is durable and can last for a long time.
- It is easy-to-clean and maintains by wiping it with a dry cloth.
- It is designed with several flexible rods to allow storage.
- Some users had issues with storing serrated knives with this knife block.
If you are looking for a more eco-friendly knife block recommendation, this Enoking magnetic knife block is for you. It is a perfect choice for a combination of modern and low-carbon kitchen essentials.
- It is made of 100% natural acacia wood, making it a sustainable choice and safe for usage.
- Its knife block has a smooth surface that can protect the blades.
- It has a double-sided magnetic design, which will enable you to hold up to 12 knives and other utensils and tools, such as keys and magnetic items.
- It may not have enough surface area for paring knives to cling onto the magnets.
Shenzhen Knives Large Bamboo Wood Knife Block
It’s time to stop searching in drawers for your favorite quality knives–they can finally be within reach with this Shenzhen’s knife block. It can accommodate up to 19 knives of different sizes and forms with slots for both knives and other kitchen utensils, as well.
- It is made of bamboo wood, designed to be durable and sturdy.
- You can store your knives and other kitchen utensils in one knife block.
- It is aesthetically appealing, making it a perfect addition to your countertop.
- Since it can handle up to 19 knives, plus other tools, it may be slightly larger for your preference.
If you invested good money in quality knives, we know you want to store them properly and keep them in good condition. Leaving them disorganized in your kitchen countertop can lead to ruining them; having a quality knife block can help you organize and store your well-loved knives safely and securely.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Kapoosh knife block?
Kapoosh knife block is a brand of knife block that is made of black, plastic flexible rods. It can hold several types, forms, and sizes of knives. You can place them however you want in the knife block. You will never have any safety issues as it holds the knives safely and securely. Moreover, different Kapoosh knife blocks come in several sleek and modern designs that are surely a great addition to your kitchenware.
How do you clean a Kapoosh knife block?
A Kapoosh knife block has a sleek and modern design that is visually appealing to your home. The greatest advantage of this knife block brand is, it is easy to clean. It is noted to be dishwasher safe. Thus, it is best to clean and sanitize when it comes to cleaning and sanitizing through the dishwasher as often as possible. Knives are commonly used kitchen tools, and they can carry bacteria if not cleaned properly.
Are knife blocks bad for knives?
Knife blocks are good for knives because they can safely and securely store the knives. However, it all depends on the brand and quality of a particular knife block. There are knife blocks that can dull your knives and reduce their functionality. On the other hand, knife blocks from Kapoosh are proven to be great for knives because it is made of black plastic flexible rods that can help protect the blades of the knives.
What is the best knife block?
The best knife block depends on your preferences. You can choose a knife block with a sleek and modern design, or you wish to choose a knife block that can hold as many knives as possible. However, we best recommend that you research Kapoosh Knife Blocks. They have different designs and forms, yet they are all made of flexible plastic rods that allow secure storage of your well-loved knives.
Are knife blocks sanitary?
Knife blocks are found to have built up yeast and mold, according to the National Sanitation Foundation. This fact makes sense as dust, and other debris can easily gather on the kitchen countertop, where knife blocks are commonly placed, and placing knives in the knife blocks while still wet can make it more appealing to bacteria and germs. Therefore, it is always recommended to clean and sanitize knife blocks thoroughly from time to time.
How do you clean a universal knife block?
To clean a universal knife block, you will need a small brush, hot water, mild bleach solution, and mild soap. Mix the water, one tablespoon of bleach (for every gallon of water), and mild soap. Rinse the block using this solution. Check if every part of the knife block is reached. After, rinse the block and slots well with running water.
- The Important Reason Why You Need to Clean Your Knife Block — Taste Of Home