Everyone knows that the kitchen is the heart of the home.
Everyone also knows that the kitchen can be the messiest part of the home, too.
What with cooking, eating, drinking, socializing, working, and cleaning in the kitchen, messes just aren’t avoidable. And the cheap, flimsy, old, thin dish towels you inherited from your mom years ago just aren’t going to cut it.
That’s why you need to stock up on high quality kitchen towels to make that heart of your home tidy and clean again.
High quality dish towels have multiple uses: they will make or break the results of your cooking, baking, and cleaning.
So, we reviewed the best high quality kitchen towels for 2020. They all offer great quality, sturdiness, absorbance, and versatility. And don’t forget: they can add a pop of color to your decor, as well.
|Best High Quality Kitchen Towels||Material and Number of Towels in Set|
|1. Weavely Kitchen Dish Towels||terry cloth, 6|
|2. Candy Cotton 100% Cotton Flour Sack Towels||cotton, 12|
|3. Polyte Premium All-Purpose Ribbed Kitchen Towel||microfiber, 12|
|4. Bless Linen Jacquard Striped Hand Kitchen Towel||linen, 2|
|5. AuthenticSeller All Purpose Bar Mop Towels||cotton terry, 24|
|6. Gryeer Kitchen Towels, Stripe Designed, Soft and Super Absorbent Dish Towels||microfiber, 8|
|7. Williams-Sonoma All Purpose Pantry Towels||cotton, 4|
|8. Candy Cottons Kitchen Towels, French Stripes||cotton, 6|
|9. Kaf Home Mixed Kitchen Towels||terry, 2; cotton, 4|
|10. Cuisinart Kitchen Towels||bamboo, 2|
What to Consider When Buying the Best Kitchen Towels
There certainly are a ton of choices out there when you’re looking for the best high quality kitchen towels. You should keep in mind what kinds of tasks for which you need kitchen towels: to dry your dishes? To use when preparing food? To clean and sanitize surfaces? Here are a few tips about what you must have to ensure you choose the right kitchen towels for the right tasks.
1) You may need a cotton waffle towel set. They can be easily identified through their cross design that looks like a checked pattern. These are noted for outstanding absorbency to completely dry your hands and kitchen items.
2) Or, you may opt for a terry cloth quality kitchen towel. These types of towels are soft to touch since they’re made of the same materials used in fluffy, absorbent bathrobes. They’re highly absorbent and great for wiping up big spills.
3) Cotton blend kitchen towels are smooth to the touch and will work to wipe dry all your cookware, from heavy pots and pans to delicate crystal glasses. Plus, with cotton, you never have to worry about leaving fluff or streaks behind–just a gleaming finish.
4) Flat woven kitchen towels are best for drying crockery and cutlery. They are highly absorbent and mop up spills or dry your cutlery and dishes. They are convenient, too: they can be easily packed away to leave your kitchen neat and tidy.
We highly recommend that you have at least one or more of each type of towel in your kitchen. That way, you’ll have the right type of towel for any job; washing them regularly will also ensure you’ll always have a good, clean kitchen towel to use. You just want to make sure you have chosen the best quality, as they not only do a better job for you, they last a lot, lot longer than cheaper ones.
Best Terry Cloth Kitchen Towels
Weavely Kitchen Dish Towels – Set of 6 Cotton Terry Kitchen Towels
These kitchen dish towels are made from pure cotton to use for drying and cleaning. They’re so soft, durable, and super absorbent that they’re perfect for everyday use.
The Weaveley set is available in eight different colors and comes in a pack of six. And, of course, the towels are safe for machine washing.
• Comes in a variety of colors to match any kitchen decor
• Are super soft and absorbent
• Thick enough to look like expensive towels
• Can develop an unraveling border seams after much use
Best Flour Sack Kitchen Towels
Candy Cotton 100% Cotton Flour Sack Towels, Dish Towels Set of 12
These flour sack towels are made of 100% cotton and knitted diagonally to add a touch of style.
Candy Cotton’s high quality kitchen towels are made of very soft and absorbent cotton that will dry your dishes or clean your counters quickly.
The towels are perfect for any kitchen task such as drying your hands, wiping up stains, and cleaning windows. It’s perfectly reusable and can be machine washed.
• Perfect thickness and size to dry kitchen items
• Comes with convenient hanging loops, making the towels dry faster
• Flour sack towel just looks like Grandma’s towels and it’s perfect to give as a gift
• Looked more like gauze due to more open weaves
Best Microfiber Kitchen Towels
Polyte Premium Microfiber All-Purpose Ribbed Terry Kitchen Towel, 12 Pack
Polyte Premium high-quality kitchen towels can be used to gently wipe clean or dry kitchen machines, cookware, dishes, glasses, utensils, and other kitchen items. They can also be used as more-than-decent hand towels.
They are highly absorbent and durable–perfect for regular usage.
Whether dry or wet, this kitchen towel will leave a clean and polished shine on your kitchen. When machine washed, they dry very quickly, avoiding any possible formation of odor or mildew.
• Thick, soft, and well-made so they doesn’t shrink when washed and dried
• The edges don’t curl no matter how many times you wash them
• Make kitchen tasks easier, so you can use them for many different tasks
• Nice and soft, but some customers complain they don’t absorb enough water
Best Linen Kitchen Towels
Bless Linen Jacquard Striped Pure Linen Hand Kitchen Towel, 16 x 30 Inches, Set of 2
This 100% linen kitchen towel is stonewashed for a softer touch.
It comes in a set of two, so you can use the extra one in the kitchen, bathroom, or gym.
The Bless Linen towel is super-absorbent, dries fast, and is great for daily use. You can safely machine wash these towels and they will stay durable and last a long time. Substitute using these instead of paper towels to save a little extra money.
• Looks great and very absorbent, you can even use it in the bathroom
• They don’t retain odors like other kitchen towels can
• Is high quality, making it a good addition to your kitchen
• One reviewer complained that these towels became rougher over time, but that’s true for many other kitchen towels
Best All-Purpose Kitchen Towels
AuthenticSeller All Purpose Bar Mop Towels, 24 Pack
These all-purpose kitchen towels are great to keep on hand all over the house. Luckily, this set comes with 24 towels in one pack.
These high quality kitchen towels will surely fit any of your cooking, drying, or cleaning needs. The towels are so durable but lightweight that you can use them for nearly any purpose.
They are best for drying dishes or cleaning your kitchen and bathroom counters and surfaces. Best of all, you get a lot of quality for the money when you buy these kitchen towels.
• Very soft and not overly thick, making them easy-to-use and very absorbent
• Great quality, multi-purpose, and can withstand frequent uses
• Pack of 24 means you can stock your house, camper, garage, and more
• One customer said these towels shrunk after washing and drying
Best Absorbent Kitchen Towels
Gryeer Microfiber Kitchen Towels, Stripe Designed, Soft and Super Absorbent Dish Towels, Pack of 8
These kitchen towels are plush and thick. You can use them to dry your most delicate glassware and thoroughly clean the kitchen, as well.
These Gryeer towels are not only soft and heavy-duty, but also absorbent and quick-drying.
Even if the towels are machine washed many times, they will remain sturdy and, best of all, lint-free.
This kitchen towel is one of my favorites, and, in my opinion, the best cloth to clean and dry your kitchen items.
• The best towels to withstand lots of washing
• Super-absorbent, high-quality towels
• Perfect for drying and cleaning in the kitchen and bathroom
• These can fade after much washing
Best Cotton Kitchen Towels
Williams-Sonoma All Purpose Pantry Towels, Kitchen Towels, Set of 4
The William-Sonoma kitchen towels are a dream addition to any kitchen.
These luxurious kitchen towels are made from 100% cotton woven in a basket weave texture that actually gets softer the more you wash them.
The dishcloth is not just absorbent, but also very soft and sturdy to resist fading and shrinking.
They’re actually made in Turkey, the world’s number one source for the finest towels.
An added plus is that these towels have a convenient loop to hang them to dry quickly.
• Comes in white cotton you can bleach to keep clean and white
• Has great size and is very absorbent
• Made for heavy use without staining. It’s perfect for drying wet dishes
Best Colorful and Patterned Kitchen Towels
Candy Cottons Kitchen Towels, French Stripes, 100% Ring Spun Cotton Dish Towels,18 x 28 Inches (Set of 6)
These colorful and patterned kitchen towels come in a set of six. They come with a hanging loop and stripe patterns in unique colors to enhance the charm of your kitchen.
The dish towels are made from ring-spun premium cotton, making them very absorbent and quick to dry. However, they need to be machine washed in cold water without bleaching to keep the colors bright and attractive.
• A high-quality product that is very absorbent and well-made
• Extra large size
• Really soft and durable
• Not as absorbent compared to other towels
Best for Big Messes Kitchen Towels
Kaf Home Mixed Flat & Terry Kitchen Towels | Set of 6
These kitchen towels come in a six piece set, including two terry and four flat weave towels.
Kaf kitchen towels come in the right size for your kitchen needs. Their towels are eco-friendly, making for a guiltless replacement for paper towels.
They can also clean huge messes and spills in the kitchen. They come in colors that are aesthetically pleasing and are a wonderful addition to the kitchen. They are sturdy and built to last.
• Made from 100% cotton and very absorbent
• Comes in great colors
• Big enough to clean a messy kitchen
• Not as absorbent as other kitchen towels
Best Bamboo Kitchen Towels
Cuisinart Bamboo Kitchen Towels, 2pk
This bamboo kitchen towel comes in a set of two, made from a blend of cotton and bamboo.
These are perfect for the kitchen to dry, wipe, and clean your kitchenware. Save money on paper towels by using these towels: just machine wash them in cold water to make them last.
They’re also lightweight and super absorbent so you can dry your hands or you wipe up messes and spills with ease.
• Unbelievably soft even after washing and very absorbent
• Comes in three lovely pastel colors
• Extremely durable to handle the toughest kitchen tasks
• Very thin and not ultra-soft
Best Waffle Weave Kitchen Towels
Joybest 100% Cotton Kitchen Towels, 4-Pack
These 100% cotton waffle weave kitchen towels are not only soft and durable but safe and eco-friendly. It’s made never to fade, and you don’t leave any scratches on your kitchen items. It comes in a set of four to suit any kitchen need. It’s lightweight and absorbent. However, when washing the towels, it has to be machine washed only with cold water. Never use fabric conditioner or bleach to retain its color.
• An excellent substitute to paper towels, and a perfect gift to give to loved ones
• Comes with a neutral color and very absorbent
• Comes in the right size, you can easily dry any kitchen item
• Towels may shrink significantly after washing
Best Durable Kitchen Towels
These durable kitchen towels come in a set of four that are made of 100% cotton.
These towels can be used for cooking, baking, or cleaning. They’re also very attractive and will add some color to your kitchen.
The Kaf Home Kitchen Towels come in six different colors and the design is in elegant stripe patterns.
• These are beautiful, well-made towels
• It’s large, absorbent, sturdy and high-quality
• It’s perfect to dry your hands, wipe up messes, handle hot pans and pots
• Has a tendency to shrink after washing
These are the best high quality kitchen towels to help you handle kitchen tasks, from the simplest to the toughest.
Every good cook needs some of the best high quality kitchen towels available. You’ll probably find that you want more than just one set for different tasks!
Frequently Asked Questions
What material makes the best tea towels?
Any dish cloth will do, but it’s better to use a quality thick fabric tea towel. Although high quality towels may be a bit more expensive, they will last much longer than cheaper ones.
Our favorite kitchen towels are made of natural fibers, like cotton and linen, as they make the softest ones. They are sturdy but also can be used for drying or wiping even your most fragile glassware. That way, you can be certain there won’t be a smudge or lint left on your tumblers or wine glasses.
What is the best cloth for washing dishes?
Microfiber kitchen towels are best for cleaning your kitchen and kitchenware. These types of kitchen towels have microfiber on one side and a scouring side on the other.
The scouring side will thoroughly clean surfaces and dishes without scratching. They are noted for being absorbent and lightweight.
Image credits via Flickr: “dish towels” (CC BY 2.0) by frankh