Do you want the best vegetable shredders that can quickly and more conveniently slice your fruits and vegetables? Do you want to prepare a healthy meal for your family?
What you simply need is a vegetable shredder in the kitchen to slice or shred vegetables into thin and long strips. Many times, you can make vegetable pasta using vegetable shredders to entice your kids to make better food choices!
The best vegetable shredders are becoming in demand these days, so we’ve provided advice on what shredders to buy, including the pros and cons, so you have an idea of what suits your needs and what to buy.
|Best Vegetable Shredders||Why We Like It|
|1. Mueller Austria Premium Quality V-Pro Multi Blade Adjustable Mandoline Cheese/Vegetable Slicer, Cutter, Shredder||comes with five interchangable blades|
|2. Spiralizer 7-Blade Vegetable Slicer||is a quick shredder and is easy to clean|
|3. Hamilton Beach 8-Cup Compact Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper||shreds vegetables but also makes dips and pesto|
|4. Bnunwish Round Mandoline Drum Slicer||has a sleek modern design and is compact for easy storage|
|5. OXO Good Grips Y Peeler||this basic tool is cheap and easy to use and clean|
|6. Homdox Electric Slicers, Professional Salad Maker||chops vegetables, cheeses, nuts, and more|
|7. Presto Salad Shooter Electric Slicer/Shredder||points and shoots vegetables so no need for extra bowls to wash|
|8. Cuisinart SSL-100 Prep Express Slicer||comes with simple to use color-coded slicers|
|9. DASH Safe Slice Mandoline||includes safety features and cuts quickly and efficiently|
|10. Slicer/Shredder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers||attachment with stainless steel blades for your KitchenAid mixer is durable and strong|
1. Mueller Austria Premium Quality V-Pro Multi Blade Adjustable Mandoline Cheese/Vegetable Slicer, Cutter, Shredder
The Mueller Austria cheese/vegetable slicer, cutter, and shredder is a high-quality brand.
The blades are made of surgical stainless steel, which is non-toxic. There are five interchangeable blades, which you can control easily with your thumb.
This model is a great vegetable shredder for garlic, onions, and vegetables. The mandoline comes with unlimited possibilities to help you prepare a healthy and delicious meal.
- Can cut vegetables and fruits with the same thickness.
- It offers easy to use slicing inserts which are adjustable from 1 to 9mm.
- An inexpensive mandoline that lasts longer and can cut perfectly.
- Hard to use and can possibly slice your finger.
2. Spiralizer 7-Blade Vegetable Slicer
This Spiralizer is the best vegetable shredder for Paleo, Keto, and gluten-free diets. It’s actually a name to trust for durability in comparison to other brands.
The blades are made of stainless steel, which can even make you cut hard-root vegetables, like turnips and sweet potatoes. You can even replace high-carb pasta with veggie pasta.
The Spiralizer makes a perfect gift for someone who loves cooking and incorporating vegetables into their meals.
- Cuts easier, faster, and safer you’ll just need to wait in seconds or a few minutes.
- The veggies are cut with nice textures.
- Easy to use and clean and comes at a bargain price.
- No built-in storage for the extra blades so it doesn’t offer compact storage.
3. Hamilton Beach 8-Cup Compact Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
The Hamilton beach 8-cup compact food processor and vegetable chopper works faster and consumes less time for the preparation of food.
With this tool, you can slice veggies, shred cheese, puree dips and pesto. It has stainless steel s-blades that let you chop, mix and puree.
It’s large enough to handle an 8-cups capacity and very easy for storage. It’s a versatile device as a vegetable chopper, food chopper, and food processor.
The Hamilton offers high and low speeds, plus pulse, to control the speeds you need for different recipes.
- A high quality food processor.
- Has an excellent, powerful performance.
- Much lighter than a Cuisinart but offers a huge capacity work bowl and is easy to use.
- The shredder blade is not durable enough to last throughout constant usage.
4. Bnunwish Round Mandoline Drum Slicer
This sleek round mandoline drum slicer has high-quality stainless-steel blades and is BPA-free ABS plastic. It’s a healthy and useful tool to grate cheese, nuts, vegetables and fruits.
As it has a huge hopper and sharper blades, you can slice and grate food in large quantities, making this perfect for those who cook for larger families.
It comes with three interchangeable drum blades that best fit for the prepping of your food. Its compact size also saves space in your cupboard or on your counter, and it’s easy to clean.
This mandoline chopper is indeed a great addition for your kitchen.
- Works fast and has the preparation done perfectly.
- Comes in superior quality, brilliant color and easy to use.
- Has a suction membrane to hold firmly to your countertop making it stable to turn the lever.
- A cheap plastic tool that may not sustain regular usage.
5. OXO Good Grips Y Peeler
The OXO Y peeler is an all-purpose tool for the preparation of food. You can’t get much more basic (or cheaper!) than this!
The peeler’s rustproof, sharp stainless-steel blade helps you peel vegetables and fruits easily. It has a comfortable handle to hold, especially when you are peeling large quantities of fruits or vegetables.
The OXO also has a built-in potato eyer.
This product is simple to clean: you can either hand wash it or put it in the dishwasher safely. It comes with a guarantee that if you’re not happy with the product, the company will replace it.
- The easiest and fastest way to peel fruits and vegetables.
- Comes light with very sharp blades.
- Has a safe side to protect and not to slice your fingers when peeling.
- Has a bit shorter handle to hold and may not easily peel your food.
6. Homdox Electric Slicers, Professional Salad Maker
The professional salad maker electric slicer or shredder is so easy to use with one switch of a button. Your food will be sliced and prepared quickly and efficiently.
This vegetable shredder of course shreds veggies, but it can also be used to prep cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. It will also help you to chop nuts, grate chocolates, and even make breadcrumbs.
The Homdox comes with four interchangeable stainless-steel blades. You can easily wipe it clean or put the washable parts into the dishwasher. It’s compact and lightweight, making it a great space saver.
- Great for chopping nuts, vegetables, or cheese
- Easy to use, clean, and not too bulky
- Made of high-quality stainless steel that will last many uses in the kitchen
- Very small, so you need to cut the food into smaller pieces
7. Presto Salad Shooter Electric Slicer/Shredder
The Presto salad shooter electric slicer and shredder is a product made in China. It runs a wattage output of 125 watts.
This kitchen tool is the easiest way to slice or shred fruits, veggies, cheese, and other delicious food. You can point and shoot wherever you wish as you need, with no extra bowls to wash afterward.
This shredder slices vegetable smoothly and quickly. You don’t even need to assemble complicated parts.
The base can be wiped clean and you can simply place the washable parts in the dishwasher. Its compact size also means its simple to store.
- Super handy and slices super-thin veggies or fruits for salads
- Works simply and perfectly efficient for the right price
- A high-quality material that will last many uses.
- An older product that may need updating
8. Cuisinart SSL-100 Prep Express Slicer
Cuisinart simplifies food preparation with their innovative Cuisinart SSL-100 slicer, shredder, and spiralizer.
This kitchen aid helps the homemaker cut fresh veggies and fruits for meals in shapes and sizes that children will enjoy. The three-in-one kitchen tool also will help you create spirals of fresh apples and zucchini.
This vegetable slicer can also slice vegetables like cucumbers, potatoes, and other vegetables.
The device comes with slicer/shredder, spiralizer, and cutting cones. It will provides a variety of shapes of vegetables to help the kids (and you!) eat more healthily.
- Can cut hard vegetables like potatoes and carrots in less than three minutes.
- Slicers are colored with many options. You’ll know what it’s used for.
- Easy to clean – just remove the washable parts and wash.
- The blades in the cones aren’t really sharp, you need to cut fruits and veggies into smaller parts.
9. DASH Safe Slice Mandoline
The Dash safe slice mandoline lets you safely slice fruits and veggies without cutting your fingers.
The vegetable shredder comes with a spring handle, enabling you to cut vegetables in seconds. It offers different preset cuts with varying thicknesses to fit in any recipe.
This device is compact in design, making it easy to store. The brush included in the package will prevent buildups on the blades.
- A fantastic slicing device most suited for homemakers. Slicing is done fast and evenly.
- So easy to set up and clean that you can use it regularly.
- Comes with safety features to avoid cuts or slicing of hands.
- The feeder is narrow that you need to slice the food into smaller pieces.
10. Slicer/Shredder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
The final slicer and shredder attachment on our list will need a KitchenAid stand mixer to help you with your cooking tasks.
This KitchenAid attachment includes a cleaning brush and three interchangeable stainless-steel blades, which help you slice and shred fruits, vegetables, and nuts for healthy and sumptuous salads.
It comes with a sophisticated, ergonomic design. This makes a perfect present for your friend or family member who loves working with his or her KitchenAid mixer.
- Made of high-quality stainless-steel blades with long-lasting performance
- Use with proper speed for a perfect grating
- Made of solid construction that’s very easy to attach and detach
- Small shredding area and cheese not curling out easily
Tips for Incorporating Shredded Vegetables into Meals
Sorry, but it’s true: you need to eat vegetables. They are rich in minerals and vitamins and nutrients but are low in calories to help you maintain a healthy weight.
Why not shred vegetables using your mandoline and include them in your casserole or stew for better taste? You can also make sandwiches or burgers using your vegetable shredder; just slip in shredded cabbages, onions, or tomatoes. If you include vegetables in your favorite meals, you will make them tastier and healthier.
One possible reason why people don’t include vegetables in their diet is that they don’t know many vegetable-rich recipes. So, why not check out a few recipes where you incorporate shredded vegetables. Prepping this type of meal can be enjoyable, especially when your family enjoys them.
These vegetable shredders are the most popular brands to buy today. To ensure that you’re buying the best product for your needs, read both the positive and negative reviews to guide you to the vegetable shredder that will work best in your kitchen with your own cooking styles. The vegetable shredder can be the product that makes prepping and cooking in your kitchen fun and exciting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best vegetable shredder?
You need a vegetable shredder in your kitchen to simplify cutting or slicing and to make your dishes more enticing.
Vegetables are important to keep us healthy and fit. However, you need to wash, peel, slice, and shred the veggies to make them palatable.
Thankfully, there are different brands and features of vegetable shredders that help you with your needs. The best shredders are reviewed here to assist you!
What is the best vegetable slicer?
Mandoline slicers are the best options so you cut your vegetables and fruits evenly and at the thickness you desire.
A knife may also do the trick, but there’s nothing better than having your veggies sliced perfectly.
If you want the best vegetable slicer, you will need to shop around for the best buy.
What can I use to shred vegetables?
A vegetable shredder comes in handy when you want to cut or shred vegetables. The shredder will help you produce a nicely cut or sliced vegetable to entice your family to eat what you’ve prepared.
There are so many brands of vegetable shredders available on the market. You’ll just have to check out these products by reading reviews and getting feedback from people who have used them.
How to Shred Vegetables in Your Kitchen: Better Homes and Gardens
Don’t have a shredder but must shred veggies tonight? Check out this YouTube video to learn how to shred veggies using just a knife and cutting board.